WE DO TRANSMEDIA LIKE THIS
Disequilibriums as a transmedia product
Discover how to create a transmedia product from the experience of Disequilibriums.
Here, we will explain the steps that were followed from the main story idea to the production of actions for the various creative disciplines, in the hope that they could serve as a reference for you.
Disequilibriums, as a transmedia project, is based on three aspects of the little known historical heritage of the city of Zaragoza and of other European cities, London, Paris and Bergamo. From a written text, various actions were developed in different cultural areas, all coordinated through different elements of new technologies. The main aim of the project is to disseminate contents, products and cultural services.
Disequilibriums is a fiction about events that occurred in the period when Zaragoza was a Roman colony (from 14 BC). Through the adventures of its teenage protagonists, historical details are described, revealing nooks and crannies, monuments, sayings and places around the city of Zaragoza and other European cities.
READ THE COMPLETE SYNOPSIS
As a backdrop to the story, an unexpected event occurs which negatively affects a significant part of the population. The balance which has existed until that point is breaking down and only the young characters recognise what is happening. They are persuaded to set off on an adventure which starts with a journey back in time to ancient Rome to try to resolve it.
The mystery, the central thread throughout the trilogy, is an event which is affecting our planet and which very few people are aware of. In the first part, DISEQUILIBRIUMS: THE INDIVIDUALS, it is the individuals who highlight the problem. In the second part, DISEQUILIBRIUMS: THE GROUP, it is the group of protagonists assisted by new characters, who work collaboratively to uncover the root cause of the problem. The third part, DISEQUILIBRIUMS: THE NETWORK, will demonstrate that only groups of people, working online with new systems of communication, are capable of finding a way to solve the problem. Only if and when the problem is resolved, will they will know when the story ends.
DISEQUILIBRIUMS, as a transmedia storytelling Project, developed by Fundación ECUUP – Educational and Cultural Projects, is based on the trilogy (as yet unfinished), written by the author Glen Lapson. Currently, there are two published books:
DISEQUILIBRIUMS: The Individuals
(in Spanish and in English)
DISEQUILIBRIUMS: The Group
DISEQUILIBRIUMS: The Network
Will be published in the next few years.
GENERAL PLAN AND OBJECTIVES
A good objective is key to the success of a transmedia project.
The principal aim of this project was to achieve maximum dissemination of the cultural editorial project. The aim to conserve historical legacy was combined with the need to share actual experiences of the past.
Other major aims of the project included:
1. Developing a platform, using new technologies which, inspired by elements of historical legacy fictionalized in the book, would enable the creation and diffusion of contents, products and cultural services.
2. Achieving a platform that is sustainable from an economic point of view through the generation of elements to enable regular income through the sale of products, advertisement revenue and public or private finance.
3. Conveying historical themes through a fictional novel based around actual events and achieving interest in the youth sector of society.
4. Promoting the city of Zaragoza and its historical and cultural aspects.
5. Promoting other European cities with remains dating back to the period of the ancient Romans, and their historical and cultural aspects
6. Offering the reader or user of the project a wide range of cultural aspects linked to the main story
7. Promoting the development of cultural actions
- Writing and publishing of books
- Web design
- Musical composition
- Graphic design of book covers
- Videogame design and programming
- Research into historical aspects
8. Achieving a community of users who, with regard to a fictional history, may want to share knowledge of their cities’ historical factors and heritage in relation to their inequalities which might be solved by creative thinking; achieving associative links between members of the aforementioned community.
DO YOU WANT TO READ THE COMPLETE MANUAL?
Register on the platform to upload content or sign up as a professional or company. Once your Registration and publication have been approved, you will be able to access exclusive content as this manual.
What are you waiting for?
Do you also want to do a transmedia project?